Bishop Creek Community Church Women’s Bible Study…
The Bible: Fast Forward (Greg Koukl)
Time/Day: 10am-Noon on Tuesdays October 6 – December 1, 2020 (No meeting the week of Thanksgiving)
Location: Bishop Creek Community Church 700 Hobson Street (at Keough & Hobson).
We will watch the video and then discuss it.
Feel free to bring your lunch or snacks.
Sign up to bring snacks to share! Click here to let Suzanne know what day works for you!!
The Bible: Fast Forward… Teacher: Greg Koukl
Study Guide PDF link… (Up to you whether you want to print it out or not. You could also view it on your phone or tablet.)
Here is a link to the first session if you want to check it out… https://vimeo.com/ondemand/bibleff/
Childcare will be available, but you must sign up for it in advance (and let us know anytime you’re not coming).
“The Bible: Fast Forward” gives a practical historical overview of the Old Testament, emphasizing the unfolding plan of salvation as God reveals it through His covenants with the nation of Israel, and the fulfillment of those covenants in the person of Jesus of Nazareth.
You’ll gain an understanding of how the central topical elements of the Christian story of reality play out historically from the Fall to the cross.
By the end of this seminar you’ll be able to:
* Identify the unifying theme of the entire Bible
* Chart the twelve main historical events of the nation of Israel, from the call of Abraham to the coming of Messiah
* List the basic elements of the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenants and examine their relevance for Christians today
* Show how the events, covenants, and promises of the Old Testament come to their perfect focus and fulfillment in Christ
* Demonstrate that the Bible presents one cohesive plan of salvation